stories of my life in Tucson AZ and NYC

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tuesday January 9 2007 “My Yesterday”


Star and her pups in San Pedro River, AZ
photo found on web


Tuesday January 9 2007
“My Yesterday”



There is an atmosphere of Spring. Maybe because I have my window open and can hear the birds talking to each other. I had the windows shut and the heat on for the whole past freezing nights month. But the heat bill arrived yesterday and I fainted. So last night I did different regime. Bill shut the windows and turned on the space heater in his room and watched a big football game. I went to my backroom with window wide open, burrowed under 4 comforters and flannel sheet, and watched TV till I dropped off to sleep. And when I woke up I made the coffee and opened up all the windows and doors. I never used to open the windows and doors when I first woke up, because the heat was still on and I didn’t want to let it out. And I wanted to leave the heat on till Bill woke up, so he would wake up to toasty house. But luxury of waking up to toasty house went out the window when I saw heating bill for $345.


So this morning I put on 3 flannel shirts over my long sleeved top, and came in and opened up both windows in my computer room, I could let the air in because there was no heat to let out. And the result is the atmosphere of the morning came in the open window with the air. I heard all the birds chirping, I have not woken up to the sound of birds chirping for past 6 weeks, the whole era of heat in the house. It is a nice sound to wake up to. That bird chirping has such a steady sound to it, I wonder if the birds are nest building.



When I woke up yesterday I wondered if another cosmic energy packet had arrived. I was totally wide awake at 4 AM, as if a huge jolt arrived, a very wide awake energy, and it wasn’t any energy I could work with yet. It was like raw energy. I didn’t know what to do with myself. So I posted on a news forum. It was pitch black outside. And I stayed on my forum till it was warm enough to sunbathe in sunshine on outside couch in backyard. That was when I fully noticed how odds and ends I was. And when I realized new energy had arrived, because the symptoms were familiar. Even tho I had that upset tummy which goes with new energy, I wanted to eat in a restaurant, and have different food than I have at home, and have it be prepared by someone else. And then I wanted to go to the mall and look at the clothes on sale and buy something. I wanted an adventure, to be totally away from my regular routine, and I wanted big treats of all kinds. I wanted to be taken out to a restaurant for a tuna fish sandwich, I wanted to go to a store where the clothes were 80 per cent off. I didn’t want my homebody routine with just a swim to refresh the day. I wanted a whole big day totally out of my routine.




When Bill got back with Beanie I informed him of my ideas. And he didn’t go for any of them. But finally he said he would be willing to take me to the restaurant before my swim. I was so excited. I really really really wanted to go to a restaurant. Restaurants have completely dropped out of my life because Bill doesn’t like going to them. The more freedom we give each other, the more apparent it becomes that some things we just like differently. I love restaurants, he doesn’t. I like to eat in the middle of the day, he likes to eat at 9 PM. We each used to force ourselves to accommodate the other, but it is working out much happier now that we each let the other go their own way.



He took me to Alice’s for my lunch, which turned out to be smart move. Because instead of forcing himself to sit there and order and eat when he didn’t want to, he went to St Vincent’s next door and looked at their used books. They had sale of 5 books for a dollar. And when waitress told me their special is mushroom cheeseburger, it is a great price, I said “I want a tuna fish sandwich.” She said “if you have taste for tuna fish sandwich that is what you want, and we make it good here, also our chicken salad sandwiches are to die for.” I forgot I loved chicken salad sandwiches and switched my order. It was 50 cents more if you order it on a French roll, but I thought then maybe it will be bigger sandwich. So I did. And for the side I chose French fries. And the sandwich came with lettuce and tomato on it. And I tell you there was no happier girl than me, eating her delicious chicken salad sandwich on French roll with delicious French fries on the side. I enjoyed it so much that for whole rest of day I remembered how much I loved it, and my idea of ideal life was to be taken each afternoon for the very same meal. I never wanted it to end. We were on the clock because Jimmy’s pool closes at 2:30 and we had arrived at restaurant at 1:10. So while I was waiting for my order to be brought to me, I asked her if it was ok if I went next door to the bakery.




We had stopped at the bakery on Saturday. And I had gotten a loaf of bread, some hamburger rolls, 2 sticky buns, and I told her I wanted that small chocolate cake, but she hadn’t heard me about the chocolate cake. I realized when we were on way to pool afterwards that the price was too low to have included the cake and there was no cake. But my mind was totally taken up with what she had told me about her beloved dog Charley. She had Charley since she was baby puppy, she has another dog too. And vet had just charged $600 to tell her he would have to operate and do a test and Charley is 13, she might not live thru the operation. And the woman in the bakery was so upset and didn’t know what to do. So of course I asked my Higher Self, who said, “don’t bring Charley back to the vet, Charley is fine, don’t bring her for the 1200 dollar operation, and she doesn’t need the test, she is fine.” All I said to the woman at the time was “I will pray for Charley with all my heart.” But when I got in the car with Bill I told him all the details. And he asked his Higher Self and got the same answer I did. That “Charley is fine, and no more vet visits, let her heal herself.”




So you can see why yesterday, when I was next door to the bakery ordering my lunch, I wanted to use the time to go to the bakery, and get the chocolate cake which had been forgotten, and to tell my friend exactly what my Higher Self told me. It is so hard for people who are not tuned into their Higher Self because their vet tells them one thing, and they really don’t know what to do. And the vet had not even been decisive, he said “she may not make it thru the operation.” And I hope I am wrong about this, but the idea had come up about putting her dog to sleep. I had the wits before I left on Saturday to at least say “no operation” and “Charley will live another 5 years.” Which is what my Higher Self said.




But when I went in yesterday and she was there, I was very explicit. I didn’t say “I talked to my Higher Self” because I don’t know if people understand what that means. But I said “I prayed to God and this is what I was told.” And then I said about not bringing Charley back to vet, no operation, and that Charley is fine, and she will heal herself; and just to give her all the treats she likes because high spirits heal anything. And I said “my husband also prayed to God and got the same answer I did.” And you could see her eyes light up with joy and hope. No one but me had told her any good news, and that was a girl who wanted more than anything else in the world to hear good news about her dog.




And even tho my lunch was the most delicious lunch in the world, at a certain point I did speed up, because the clock was right in front of me, and I wanted to have time to get Bill at St Vincent’s and bring him into the bakery, so he could tell the woman the same thing I did. We had both agreed in the car that our Higher Self gave us the identical information.




So I asked waitress for to-go carton, and put second half of sandwich in that and rest of the yummy French fries, and found Bill in St Vincent’s. I hadn’t known about the 5 books for a dollar sale. Bill was ecstatic and chose 5 books. And I said “come to the bakery and tell the lady what your Higher Self said about her dog, her dog is named Charley, I already told her what my Higher Self said.” And Bill said “OK.”




So I brought him and introduced her, and she said to him “you heard the same thing?” And he began to tell the story about our dog. And I went to the car with the chocolate cake and the to-go carton with 2nd half of my lunch, and we drove to the pool. We’d still have half hour to swim. Bill was ecstatic about the books, I was ecstatic about my lunch, but both of our hearts were really with the woman in the bakery. But I felt we had done as much as we could do to help her. And when I talked to my Higher Self in the car she promised Charley would be fine, that we had made exactly the right suggestions to the woman in the bakery.




We arrived for last half hour of swim and parking lot was jammed, and I knew pool would be jammed with all the new businessmen, but I didn’t care. I was no longer at loose ends like in the morning, everything had coalesced for me. I had my delicious lunch, and all weekend I had wanted to go back and reassure the woman in the bakery. And I was united with Bill which always makes me happy. We had been at odds with each other when we first got in car to set off. But now we were perfectly joined. We were joined because we each had had perfect satisfaction in our outing, and we were joined because we both wanted to help the woman in the bakery with all our hearts. And whether or not she chose to listen to our suggestions, we knew we had brought her the wisdom of Heaven to bear on her problem, and that is a gift.




The swim pool was jammed but I didn’t care. Bill’s friend Alfredo was just leaving, and it was so nice to see him, we hadn’t seen him in a whole year, he is so warm and wonderful and friendly and nice. And Bill arrived with his new friend, Doug. Bill likes him and he likes Bill, and he is a loving friendly guy. Talking about health food is not my favorite topic, but Bill loves to talk about health food with him, and then they talk about UFOs on Art Bell’s show too.




And we each had a very nice half hour swim. And in the shower I got to talk to that nice woman who works for the school system, she was on her lunch hour, and we had a great time talking to each other. And when I was leaving Jill was there, and I was so happy to see her and she was so happy to see me. And I brought her out to see Bill, they are friends, so Bill could tell her all about Beanie, she is animal lover. Bill was talking to his health food friend, Doug. And Bill told Jill about Beanie. And Jill told Bill about the greyhound she had adopted from Greyhound Rescue which no one would adopt. And Jill had asked me, before we arrived at Bill and Doug, “have you fallen in love with Beanie?” And I said “yes we have.” And she said “it’s amazing how fast it happens.” And I said “yes.” She said “they don’t replace the old dog, no one can, but you fall in love with them anyway.” And I said “yes, that is just what happened.” And Jill is exactly right. I don’t know what it is about Beanie, but it is irresistible, he is irresistible, Bill and I have both fallen in love with him. And even tho Lulu acts like she can’t stand him, my Higher Self said Lulu loves him too.

No comments: